Mission: The Field Officer is the main point of contact between Tugende and its clients. This role is responsible for a client’s lease approval process, from the initial class to final boda payment, cancellation or loss recovery. The Field Officer’s day-to-day responsibilities include conducting Tugende field operations (e.g. vetting, impounding, cancellations, loss recovery, etc.), managing collections, and responding to client needs. All positions are in Kampala. However, we are particularly interested in hiring field officers who speak languages from the areas of Hoima, Jinja, Masaka, Mbale, Gulu, Mbarara and may be willing to relocate there in the future.
How to apply: Email jobs -AT- tugendedriven.com with your CV (or resume) and cover letter. Be sure to let us know why you want to join Tugende in this capacity and why you think you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Deadline: Thursday, 14th February, 2015
Click here to view PDF of complete job posting with instructions.
Tugende helps motorcycle taxi drivers own their own motorcycles in eighteen months or less instead of renting indefinitely. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety. Across Uganda, and many other emerging markets, motorcycles help drive the economy, mitigating traffic jams and bad roads as well as offering hundreds of thousands of jobs for those with little formal education. Tugende is proving that millions of self- employed entrepreneurs can receive credit to own the equipment they use to provide for their families, even without credit histories, collateral, and in industries considered high risk by traditional lenders. Learn more about our founding and mission here and here.
Tugende means “let’s go” and both signifies our mission and is the actual phrase used when climbing on a motorcycle taxi. Tugende has grown more than 15x in the last 18 months, its CEO is a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow and Tugende has appeared in
the Economist, VC4Africa, and elsewhere.
ABOUT FIELD OFFICER ROLE
- Work with applicants seeking to enter into hire-purchase agreement with Tugende
- Recruit new applicants: Identify capable clients for Tugende hire-purchase agreements.
- Register applicants: Meet with applicants to obtain information on them and answer their questions about the process. Register applicants into computer.
- Vet applicants: Conduct field visits (at applicant’s stage and home) while paired with another loan officer.
- Analyze strength of completed applications: Analyze applicants’ financial status, credit, outstanding loans and property to determine applicant qualification.
- Approve/Reject applicants: Evaluate applicants worthiness
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to the Tugende Policies.
- Help deliver bikes to new clients. Ensure that clients understand the key terms and conditions of Tugende, as well as the warrantee and maintenance requirements, before handing off the bikes.
- Manage client needs and performance in field and office
- Collections: Manage portfolio of up to 100 clients. Regularly follow up on client repayments (on phone and in person), understand any challenges to repaying, and give recommendations or escalate problem cases where necessary. Work closely with the Collections Officer to track client payment information (especially inability to repay on time) and assist as required. Ensure fines are applied properly.
- Customer service: Listen to customer comments and complaints, and give recommendations or escalate problem cases where necessary.
- Impounding: Conduct impounding activities.
- Night riding: Conduct night riding operations to ensure clients follow Tugende policies.
- Travel: Deliver bikes to new clients.
- Office work: Be able to help with office work including signing contracts with clients, transferring titles for bikes and processing passenger service vehicle licenses (PSVs).
- Office maintenance: Help keep office clean, manage bike traffic outside office, and coordinate clients during applicant classes.
- Coordinate with local authorities: as required to facilitate field operations.
- Continue to develop skills (Career Development)
- Build knowledge of and skills at using Tugende systems (especially Salesforce)
- Build understanding of lease accounting.
- Improve computer skills
- Learn new methods to work with clients and help them overcome repayment challenges.
- Be informed: Stay abreast of new innovations and financial services so as to better meet customer needs.
- Participate in programing: Attend career development programs organized by Tugende.
- Learn how to ride a motorcycle if not already proficient.
Reporting: The Field Officer is part of the Field Operations Departments and reports directly to the Field Supervisor. The Field Supervisor reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The Field Officer works closely with the Collections Officer and other Field Officers, but does not report to them.
- A minimum of a college diploma, ideally in a business-related field.
- Must be comfortable using computer.
- Experience working with a credit-related business.
- Must possess high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Adopt and champion the values that Tugende stands for.
- Motorcycle riding ability is an added advantage.