Tugende is searching for an experienced accounting professional ready to dive into a challenging environment that transforms the lives of thousands motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda. He or she will have a creative, entrepreneurial and resilient temperament, with the work background to hit the ground running and the desire to grow his or her own skills and knowledge alongside the success of teammates and the company as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be a socially minded professional excited to use skills from the corporate world to make a sustainable and financially viable social impact. Lastly, the candidate will embody Tugende’s core values of empathy, integrity, teamwork, having a solution-orientation approach and be committed to personal and professional growth and improvement.
Application Deadline: Applications considered on a rolling basis
How to apply: Please review the full job description here and send your CV and cover letter directly to the Finance Manager of Tugende Limited, Matija Kamikovski (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ‘Financial Controller Application‘ in the Subject. Be sure to let us know why you want to join Tugende in this capacity and why you think you’re the perfect fit for the job!
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for day to day bookkeeping, accounting, budgeting, and is expected to grow and lead the finance team, including mentoring junior staff. The controller will also play a key role in improving financial controls, reporting to auditors and investors and developing long term company strategy.
Core responsibilities include:
- Managing and overseeing all accounting operations including full ledger accounting, transaction recording, and preparing periodic financial reports and budgets
- Developing and updating controls, procedures and processes
- Ensuring that reported results comply with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Uganda legal requirements, and the direction of the Board of Directors
Key requirements include:
- A minimum of 3 years working at a top multinational accounting, auditing, management consulting or other private sector firm.
- Experience managing other finance team members and coordinating the team to meet ambitious goals.
- Creative, entrepreneurial and resilient temperament, with the work background to hit the ground running and the desire to grow his or her own skills and knowledge alongside the success of teammates and the company as a whole.
What will you gain?
Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up. Compensation will be determined based on experience and commitment
Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a liveable wage. Help be part of this movement!
Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 39 staff and growing. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.