Tugende is searching for an experienced human resources professional ready to dive into a challenging environment that transforms the lives of thousands motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda. He or she will have a creative, entrepreneurial and resilient temperament, with the work background to hit the ground running and the desire to grow his or her own skills and knowledge alongside the success of teammates and the company as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be a socially minded professional excited to use skills from the corporate world to make a sustainable and financially viable social impact. Lastly, the candidate will embody Tugende’s core values of empathy, integrity, teamwork, having a solution-orientation approach and be committed to personal and professional growth and improvement.
Application Deadline: Applications considered on a rolling basis
How to apply: Please review the full Job Description here and send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com) with ‘Talent Maximization Lead Application‘ in the Subject. Be sure to let us know why you want to join Tugende in this capacity and why you think you’re the perfect fit for the job!
The role of the Talent Maximization Lead is to build Tugende’s team into a world-class group of motivated and skilled colleagues.
The successful candidate will help the company achieve its goals by:
- Identifying and recruiting top performers
- Enabling employees to perform at a high level and develop new skills
- Guiding evaluation and feedback efforts so the company and team can improve together.
The candidate will also work with finance, administrative and senior staff to ensure best practices for safety, legal compliance, and employee morale—in particular emphasizing the Tugende core values: empathy, integrity, teamwork, being solutions oriented and always growing (personally and professionally).
- Commitment to being part of a fast growing, challenging and inspiring company and mission.
- 5 years of experience in recruitment, performance management, coaching/team-building, compensation, and other talent optimization areas with demonstrated achievement.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust with all team members, handle confidential information with care, and understand challenges and motivations of team members of all skills and backgrounds.
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring policies and procedures
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong belief in value of diversity and inclusion and track record of promoting these values.
- Bachelor’s Degree as a minimum
What will you gain?
Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up. Compensation will be determined based on experience and commitment
Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a liveable wage. Help be part of this movement!
Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 39 staff. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.