Date Posted: February 2, 2017
Deadline: February 16, 2017
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Tugende is looking for top talent who can separate the best from the rest. We’re revving our engines, getting ready to take off, but first, we need a Recruitment Supervisor to facilitate our envisioned growth!
The successful Recruitment Supervisor will have experience throughout the entire recruiting cycle, from sourcing the best talent to interviewing and hiring exceptional employees. (S)he will regularly collaborate with department managers and proactively identify future hiring needs. If you’re excited to compete with other companies to attract top talent, and work in a fast-paced startup environment where you’ll be challenged and accountable for driving results, then this is the role for you!
If you think you would be a good fit, please apply HERE by February 16th, 2017.
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise that helps motorcycle taxi drivers own their motorcycles instead of renting indefinitely. Our customers take ownership through a lease-to-own payment plan and receive training, insurance and ongoing support. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety.
Tugende means “let’s go” and signifies our mission. Tugende has grown more than 6X in the last 2 years, has been recognized as a 2012 Unreasonable Fellow, 2014 Echoing Green Global Fellow and appeared in the Guardian, BBC, Economist, and elsewhere. Learn more about our founding and mission here and here.
Starting with motorcycles, Tugende is proving that millions of self-employed entrepreneurs can receive credit to own the equipment they use to provide for their families – even without credit histories, collateral, and in industries considered high risk by traditional lenders.
Tugende’s Core Values: 1) We have Empathy for our clients, 2) We are Solutions-Oriented, 3) We are Always Growing, 4) We have Integrity in all our decisions, and 5) We work as a Team.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
1. Design and implement Tugende’s overall recruitment strategy
- Conduct skills gap analysis to show where Tugende needs to invest as the organization grows.
- Develop an internal mobility and succession plan to ensure we live up to our meritocratic values by promoting quickly.
- Write clear policies and procedures to ensure continuity in all functions when a team member is ready to rise to the next level.
- Protect Tugende from potential attrition by building sustainable supply chains of reliable talent.
- Analyze Tugende demographics to ensure we meet our diversity objectives.
2. Talent Acquisition
- Work with department heads to develop and refine job descriptions and announcements, post advertisements internally, on social media, and with other advertising partners.
- Develop assessment tools such as test questions, case studies, and rating standards within established procedures with the line supervisors.
- Review online applications, evaluate qualifications of both internal and external candidates, conduct interviews to analyze candidate experience and fit, and develop a shortlist of potential candidates.
- Complete reference checks and background checks on selected candidates, as required.
- Prepare offer letter/employment agreement for signature.
- Manage the on-boarding process.
3. Proactive Sourcing
- Build and maintain internal database of qualified professionals to rapidly respond to talent management needs.
- Recommend system improvements to current recruitment processes to ensure streamlined, cost effective, and high quality services.
- Ensure consistency in the recruitment process by establishing interview panels and assessment forms, and maintaining employee’s documents and references.
- Track application flow and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates for future consideration.
- Conduct informational interviews with potential candidates. Solicit and prioritize internal referrals.
- Develop and maintain networks and contacts via social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc).
- Perform other duties at management’s request.
Position type and expected hours of work.
This is a full-time position.Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 5:30 PM (sometimes later) and one-to-two Saturdays per month from 9 a.m. to 3:00pm. Occasional work beyond this scope may be required as job duties demand.
- 2-3 years of proven work experience as a recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or staffing agency recruiter)
- In-depth knowledge, skills, and experience leading assessments, and the recruiting and interviewing process
- Comfortable in Excel and Google Drive
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
Your Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Exemplify Tugende’s core values: empathy, integrity, teamwork, being solutions-oriented and committed to personal and professional growth
- Able to follow work instructions and streamline workflows
- Problem solver and strategic thinker, able to back up your recommendations with data
- High level of flexibility
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to interact with mid- and senior-level leaders both internally and externally
- Proficiency in 2 or more local languages
- You never drop the ball (i.e. if you commit to doing something by a certain time, it always gets delivered by that time. If you realize this isn’t possible, you then pass the ball or ask for help, rather than drop it).
- Must have empathy for low-income clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline
- Knowledge to use an application tracking system
Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families. We are changing the face of the boda industry in Uganda, and proving that young men with little education can take on the responsibility of financing a significant asset and earning a liveable wage. Help be part of this movement!
Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 86 staff. We take our work seriously but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Mbuya Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.
- 21 days paid leave + 6 personal days
- Airtime allowance
- Transport and food allowance
- Breakfast at office every morning
- New, spacious office with relaxing outdoor staff recreation space
- Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience
Application Link: https://tugende.workable.com/j/3051A27BFD